The Always Pan Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
Sweepstakes may only be entered in or from the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, Canada (excluding Quebec) and the United Kingdom and entries originating from any other jurisdiction are not eligible for entry. This Sweepstakes is governed exclusively by the laws of the United States. You are not authorized to participate in the Sweepstakes if you are not located within the Eligible Jurisdictions (defined below).
- Eligibility. Participation open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia, Canada (excluding Quebec), and the United Kingdom (the “Eligible Jurisdictions”) who are at least 18 years of age or the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence as of date of entry. Void outside of the Eligible Jurisdictions, and where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law. Employees, officers and directors of Lagom Kitchen Company, dba “Our Place” (“Sponsor”), and its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, advertising and promotion agencies, manufacturers or distributors of Sweepstakes materials and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of such employees/officers/directors are not eligible to enter. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
- Sweepstakes Entry Start/End Dates. Sweepstakes begins at 12:00 AM Pacific Time on May 1, 2022 and ends at 11:59 PM Pacific Time on May 31, 2022 (“Sweepstakes Period”).
- How to Enter. During the Sweepstakes Period, visit www.fromourplace.com, www.fromourplace.ca, or www.fromourplace.uk (the “Websites”) and follow the links and instructions to submit your email address, read these Official Rules, and enter the Sweepstakes.
If you choose to enter via your mobile device on a wireless service provider’s network (as opposed to on a Wi-Fi network), your wireless carrier’s text and data rates apply. You should consult your wireless service provider’s pricing plan for details. You agree to incur any and all charges demanded by your wireless carrier.
- Submission Requirements. By entering, each entrant represents and warrants that they have the right to enter their Submission and that the Submission shall not infringe on any rights of any third parties. Providing a Submission constitutes entrant’s consent to give Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such Submissions in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, in perpetuity, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, for any purpose whatsoever, including for promotional or marketing purposes.
- Decisions of Sponsor. Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes, including, but not limited to, interpretation and application of these Official Rules. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes.
- Random Drawing/Odds. Thirty-one (31) winners per Eligible Jurisdiction will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible entries received at the end of the Sweepstakes Period (each, a “Winner”)). Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received for the drawing. Drawing will be conducted by a representative of Sponsor, using randomization methods selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes.
- Prizes. 31 Prizes per Eligible Jurisdiction (93 total): Each Winner shall receive a promotional code good for redemption of an Always Pan on Sponsor’s website. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each Prize: US$145, CAD $195 GBP $125. ARV of all Prizes combined: USD $4,495 in the U.S., CAD $6,045 in Canada, and GBP $3,875 in the United Kingdom. Gift card and/or promo code terms and conditions and expiry dates may apply.
Legal residents of Canada (excluding Quebec) will be required to correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question in order to be declared a winner.
Prize is non-transferable. No substitutions or cash redemptions. In the case of unavailability of any prize, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. All unspecified expenses are the responsibility of winners.
- Notification. Potential winners will be notified via their provided email address and may be required to sign and return, where legal, an Affidavit/Declaration of Eligibility, Liability/Publicity Release and/or rights transfer document within five (5) days of receipt, prior to receipt of prize. If any winner is considered a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability/Publicity and rights transfer document must be signed by his/her parent or legal guardian.
If any winner cannot be contacted within five (5) calendar days of first notification attempt, if any prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, if any winner rejects his/her prize or in the event of noncompliance with these Sweepstakes rules and requirements, such prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to the next randomly selected Submission. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given.
- Conditions. BY PARTICIPATING, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, AND SUBJECT TO THE NON-EXCLUDABLE GUARANTEES (DEFINED BELOW) ENTRANTS AND WINNERS AGREE TO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, AND THEIR ADVERTISING AND PROMOTIONS AGENCIES AND THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENT COMPANIES, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, PARTNERS, REPRESENTATIVES, AGENTS, SUCCESSORS, ASSIGNS, EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS AND DIRECTORS (COLLECTIVELY, “RELEASED ENTITIES”), FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, FOR LOSS, HARM, DAMAGE, INJURY, COST OR EXPENSE WHATSOEVER INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, PROPERTY DAMAGE, PERSONAL INJURY AND/OR DEATH WHICH MAY OCCUR IN CONNECTION WITH, PREPARATION FOR, TRAVEL TO, OR PARTICIPATION IN SWEEPSTAKES, OR POSSESSION, ACCEPTANCE AND/OR USE OR MISUSE OF PRIZE OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY SWEEPSTAKES-RELATED ACTIVITY AND FOR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION, INVASION OF PRIVACY, COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT, TRADEMARK INFRINGEMENT OR ANY OTHER INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY-RELATED CAUSE OF ACTION. Any and all federal, provincial, local, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winners. Participation in Sweepstakes and acceptance of prize constitutes each winner’s permission for Sponsor to use his/her name, address (city and state/province/territory), likeness, photograph, picture, portrait, voice, biographical information, and/or any statements made by each winner regarding the Sweepstakes or Sponsor for advertising and promotional purposes without notice or additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules, or attempt to interfere with this Sweepstakes in any way shall be disqualified. Entrants acknowledge and agree that their participation in this Sweepstakes are not and do not create any confidential, fiduciary, employment, agency or other special relationship between entrant and Sponsor. Subject to the Non-Excludable Guarantees, Sponsor is not responsible if Sweepstakes cannot take place or if any prize cannot be awarded due to travel cancellations, delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather or acts of terrorism, or any entrant’s inability to access the point of sales where the Sweepstakes is organized.
- Additional Terms. All entries become the sole and exclusive property of the Sponsor and receipt of entries will not be acknowledged or returned. To the extent permitted by applicable law, and subject to the Non-Excludable Guarantees, Released Entities are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, stolen, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled entries, which will be disqualified, or for problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Any attempted form of entry other than as set forth above is prohibited; no automatic, programmed; robotic or similar means of entry are permitted. Released Entities are not responsible for, and are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, telephone or other communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, web site, Internet, or ISP availability, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestion, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit one’s ability to enter the Sweepstakes, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading any materials in this Sweepstakes. Released Entities are not responsible for any typographical, printing, or other error in any Sweepstakes materials, or for any errors or problems which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, or in the announcement of prizes, including such error that may give an erroneous indication that a prize has been won. In no event will a greater number of prizes than stated in these Official Rules be awarded. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend this Sweepstakes should (in its sole discretion) virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In such case, Sponsor may select the winners from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or web site. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor representatives.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Limitation of Liability; Disclaimer of Warranties. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASED ENTITIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF ACCESS TO AND/OR USE OF ANY SITES ASSOCIATED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES AND/OR THE SWEEPSTAKES ITSELF AND/OR DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM ANY SITES ASSOCIATED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THIS SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIZES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW (I) THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES ON APPLICABLE STATUTORY RIGHTS; AND (II) LIMITATIONS ON A CONTRACTING PARTY’S LIABILITY WITH REGARDS TO DAMAGES OR DEATH CAUSED DUE TO ITS NEGLIGENCE OR INTENTIONAL MISCONDUCT, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY IN SOME CASES. THIS LIMITATION MAY NOT BE ENFORCEABLE IN ALL JURISDICTIONS AND THEREFORE MAY NOT APPLY TO ALL ELIGIBLE PARTICIPANTS. FURTHER, NOTHING IN THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS EXCLUDES OR MODIFIES OR PURPORTS TO LIMIT, EXCLUDE OR MODIFY ANY STATUTORY CONSUMER GUARANTEES OR ANY IMPLIED CONDITION OR WARRANTY, THE EXCLUSION OF WHICH FROM THESE OFFICIAL RULES WOULD CONTRAVENE ANY STATUTE OR CAUSE ANY PART OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS TO BE VOID (“NON-EXCLUDABLE GUARANTEES”). CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
- Disputes; Governing Law. The parties waive all rights to trial in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these Official Rules, including, without limitation, the Sweepstakes. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Official Rules and/or the Sweepstakes shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association and not in a court of law. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be joined or consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. In the event that any court with competent jurisdiction or any arbitrator appointed pursuant to this section holds that this restriction on joinder of claims is unenforceable, then this agreement to arbitrate all disputes will not apply.
If an in-person arbitration hearing is required, then that hearing will be conducted either in Los Angeles, CA or, at the participant’s option, in the “metropolitan statistical area” (as defined by the U.S. Census Bureau) where the participant resides at the time the dispute is submitted to arbitration.. If a participant intends to seek arbitration they must first send a written demand to Sponsor (“Demand”). The Demand should be sent by U.S. Postal Service certified mail to the AAA and to Sponsor at Sponsor’s address listed below. The Demand must (i) list the participant’s and Sponsor’s name and address; (ii) describe the nature and basis of the claim or dispute; (iii) set forth the specific relief sought and the amount of damages sought, if any, and (iv) identify the requested locale for any in-person hearing. The copy sent to the AAA must also include a copy of this arbitration agreement and the AAA’s applicable filing fee. In any arbitration under this section, each party will be responsible for paying any fees in accordance with AAA rules. The foregoing notwithstanding, both parties retain the right to seek relief in small claims court for any dispute or claim falling within the scope of such court’s jurisdiction.
THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE INTERPRETATION OF ITS TERMS SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK WITHOUT REGARD TO ITS CONFLICTS OF LAWS RULES. For any matters which are not subject to arbitration or resolution in small claims court as set forth in these Official Rules and/or in connection with the judicial enforcement of any arbitration award in connection with these Official Rules and/or the Sweepstakes, the parties irrevocably submit and consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state and federal courts located in or closest to the County of New York in the State of New York. The parties agree not to raise the defense of forum non conveniens.
- Name of Winner/List of Winners. To obtain a list of any legally-required winners list, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Lagom Kitchen Company to the address listed below. Vermont residents may omit return postage.
- Sponsor: LAGOM KITCHEN COMPANY dba OUR PLACE, 3924 Tuller Avenue, Culver City, CA 90230.