1/4 cup cashews, chopped
- 1/4 cup pistachios, chopped
- 1/4 cup almonds, chopped
- 1/4 cup golden raisins, roughly chopped
- 4 medjool dates, pitted and roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp. ghee, divided
- 1 cup crushed dry vermicelli noodles (seviyan)
- 4 cups whole milk
- 4 cardamom pods, lightly crushed
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Heat your Always Pan over medium heat with two tablespoons of ghee. Add the cashews, pistachios, almonds, raisins, and dates, and let them toast lightly, stirring often, until fragrant, about 3-4 minutes. Remove the nuts & dried fruit from the pan and set aside.
- With the pan still on medium heat, add the remaining 1 tbsp. of ghee and the vermicelli noodles. Let toast until golden, tossing often, about 3-4 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Place the pan back on the stove at medium heat and add the milk with the cardamom pods and sugar. Bring the milk up to a boil and then lower the heat so that the milk is at a simmer. Add the nuts & dried fruit mixture (reserving a 1/4 cup for garnishing) and the vermicelli noodles into the milk, stirring often.
- Let the sheer khurma cook, stirring often until slightly thickened and rich, adding more milk if required, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and serve immediately garnished with the reserved nuts & dried fruit mixture and any other adornments you like.