- 1 tablespoon olive oil for baking dish, plus 2 tablespoons
- 1/2 onion, diced small
- 1/2 pinch chilli flakes
- 340g pork sausage, removed from casing
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons flour
- 240mL chicken broth
- 120mL milk
- 5 large eggs, whisked
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 230g frozen hash browns, browned to cook
- 140g frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 240g shredded strong cheddar cheese
- 240g shredded mozzarella cheese
- 9 oven-ready lasagna pasta sheet
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped chives
- Kosher salt
- Ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 190°C. Coat a 33x23-cm baking dish with a high smoke point oil and set side.
- In your mini Always Pan, warm 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Add onions and cook until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Add a pinch of chilli flakes and the sausage, stirring occasionally to break into pieces, until the sausage is cooked through and browned.
- Add 2 tablespoons butter to the pan to melt, then stir in the flour until completely combined. Stir in chicken broth and milk, increase heat to bring to a boil, and cook until thickened, about 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper, then remove from heat, remove from pan, and set aside to cool. This will be your sauce.
- In the same pan, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add eggs and cook, stirring often, to scramble. Remove from heat and set aside.
- To assemble lasagna, spoon 125mL sauce (without sausage pieces) into your mini Always Pan and spread to coat. Place 3 lasagna pasta sheets over the bottom of the pan, then top with half of the eggs, half of the spinach, one third of the sausage, 115g shredded cheddar, 115g shredded mozzarella, and one third of the hashbrowns. Repeat with another layer of lasagna pasta sheets, the remaining eggs, the remaining spinach, more sauce, 115g shredded cheddar, and 115g shredded mozzarella. Top the final layer of lasagna pasta sheets with remaining sauce, cheeses, and hash browns.
- Cover and bake for 20 minutes, then uncover and bake for 10 minutes more. Let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.