- 1 thick slice of sweet bread
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Ricotta cheese (whipped)
- Cocoa powder (for dusting)
- 1 shot of Our Place blend Grind coffee
- Prepare the Coffee: Insert the coffee pod, beans or grounds into your coffee machine. Brew a strong shot of coffee according to the machine's instructions.
- Whipped Ricotta: In a bowl, whip the ricotta cheese until it's smooth and creamy. Set it aside.
- Tiramisu French Toast Batter: In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, sugar, and vanilla extract until well combined then add two tablespoons of the coffee to the mixture.
Dip the Bread: Heat your mini Always Pan over medium heat and add a little butter or oil.
Dip the thick slice of sweet bread into the custard mixture, making sure both sides are coated evenly.
- Cook the French Toast: Place the coated bread slice into the preheated pan and cook until both sides are golden brown and crispy, usually about 2-3 minutes per side.
Assemble: Once the French toast is done, transfer it to a plate.
Spread a generous layer of whipped ricotta cheese on top of the French toast.
- Dust with Cocoa Powder: Use a fine sieve or sifter to dust the top of the French toast with cocoa powder, just like you would with traditional tiramisu.
- Serve: Pour a cup of the freshly brewed coffee alongside your Tiramisu French Toast.
Enjoy your homemade Tiramisu French Toast with a side of freshly brewed coffee. It's a delicious twist on a classic dessert!